Updated Schedule Coming Soon
Past Opus IVS Webinars
DriveSafe™ Scanning & Workflow Overview
Instructor: Bob Pattengale
This webinar is designed to take collision industry customers through various ways to better utilize their DriveSafe tool.
- Tool Functionality & Ease of Use
- Scanning Strategy
- Data Analysis
- Overview of IVSWizard™
- Opus IVS Diagnostics
- Remote Expert Support & Service
April 26, 2022
Reducing the Risk of Failed Programming on BMW Vehicles
Instructor: Brandon Mathews
Even with ISTA and ICOM, risk of BMW programming failure is still significant. This webinar will focus on selective module programming using DrivePro CIP.
- Explanation of CIP
- Online vs. Offline Vehicle Programming
- How to Avoid Common Programming Failures
- Customizing a Measures Plan
- Activation Codes
March 4, 2021
Hyundai/KIA GDI Training
Instructor: Drew Hernandez
In this technical webinar you will learn methods of how to test the high-pressure pump on Hyundai/KIA GDI engines.
- Theta II Motors
- GDI Operations
- Common Failures & Testing
February 17, 2021
JLR Start/Stop Systems
Instructor: Alan Pham
In this technical webinar you will gain a better understanding of Jaguar/Land Rover auto stop/start systems.
- 2 Different Power Management Configurations
- Dual Battery Systems from 2013 to 2015
- Single Battery Systems from 2016 to Current
February 3, 2021
VW/Audi Crankcase Breather Systems
Instructor: Andrew Gold
- Description and Operation
- Diagnostic Tips
- Fault Descriptions and TSB's
- Turbo vs Naturally Aspirated
GM SPS: Before Your Start
Instructor: Bill Elvy
- How to Properly Prepare the Vehicle for Programming
- What to do After Performing a Programming
- Battery Condition and Correct Battery for the System
- Nominal System Voltage Check
- Battery Testing
- Charging and Maintaining Equipment
January 13, 2021
VW/Audi Fuel Systems
Instructor: Andrew Gold
- High and Low Pressure Systems
- Differences Between External and Internal Fuel Systems
- Returnless Fuel System
- E85 Systems with Cold Start Injector
- Operation & Failure of Components Discussion
- Transfer Fuel Pump
- Fuel Pump Control Modules
- Mechanical Fuel Pump
- HPFP Pressure Regulating Valve
- Fuel Injectors
December 16, 2020
Advanced Ford Programming
Instructor: Chris Snyder
- Understanding Ford PATS Systems
- Used Module Programming
- Overwriting As-Built Data
- Forcing Calibrations
- Brief Intro to FDRS
December 9, 2020
Intro to Ford Programming
Instructor: Henry Merino
- Introduction to Ford FJDS Programming Software
- How to Register and Purchase FJDS Software
- How to Program and Update a 2010 Ford Expedition
- How to enter Solenoid Strategy and Body ID on the Transmission
November 23, 2020
2 Diagnostic Case Studies:
Timing Problem and Crank No Start
Explore two case studies presented by IVS 360 support technicians Chris Martino and Chris Snyder. These scenarios will help you sharpen your diagnostic skills. Our techs will explore each case study step-by-step, asking questions and analyzing each other’s techniques and diagnostic process along the way.
Case Study 1: 2005 Mazda RX-8 Crank No Start
Presented by: Chris Snyder
Mazda RX-8s sometimes have issues with crank no start conditions. Mazda has some TSB’s for faster spinning starters, dechoke procedures and compression testing. But what should you do when none of that seems relevant?
Case Study 2: 2008 Audi S8 - Timing Problem & No Service Information
Presented by: Chris Martino
Come along a strange and exciting journey with an Audi S8 with a timing problem and learn how to persevere over a lack of service information using logical diagnostics and common sense to come to a resolution.
November 17, 2020
Keys to Successful Vehicle Programming
Instructor: Teddy Jernigan
In this webinar, Opus IVS programming expert and RAP Support Center Manager, Teddy Jernigan, will guide you through the key steps to successfully performing vehicle programming to reduce risk of failure and liability.
• How to determine if programming is needed.
• How to properly prepare for programming.
• What to do after performing a programming.
October 21, 2020
Permanent DTC's: How Mode $0A Can Protect Repair Shops from Unnecessary Warranty Repairs
Instructor: Steven Ethridge
Learn how understanding Permanent DTC's and Mode $0A can protect repair shops from unnecessary warranty repairs in this 60-minute webinar led by Steven Ethridge, a BAR Certified SMOG Instructor. Most Aftermarket and Factory Scan Tools will clear DTCs and show a clean vehicle health report. However, in many cases that is not an accurate depiction of a vehicle’s health because it isn’t showing all the data. To get a complete picture we need an understanding of Mode 10 ($0A) and Permanent DTCs.
September 30, 2020
BMW Technical Training & Software News - June 2020
Instructor: Brian Chaffe, Eric Scharping, Brandon Mathews
- New Software Releases
- New Chassis Models Added
- Known Issue Status Review
- Review of CIP Requirements with Best Recommended Practices
- Mini JCW Retrofit Coding Solution
- IHKA LIN Bus Fault Diagnostic Strategy
- Radiator Shutter Diagnostic Reference
June 3, 2020
Stubborn Monitors & Drive Cycles
Instructor: Keith DeFazio
- What is a monitor?
- Does complete mean good?
- Why won’t they complete?
- Forcing them to run and more!
May, 20, 2020
Lab Scope Basic Training
Instructor: Chris Martino
- Installation & Setup
- Software Usage
- Basic Testing
- Waveform Analysis
BMW Technical Training & Software News - April 2020
Led by: Brian Chaffe, Branden Mathews, and Eric Scharping
Join Opus IVS' legendary Head of BMW, Brian Chaffe, IVS 360 Technical Support Dynamo, Brandon Mathews, and BMW Technical Training veteran, Eric Scharping, as they discuss what’s new with the latest BMW Software Release for DrivePro ES, DrivePRO, Blue Box, and AssistPlus.
- The latest BMW Software Release for DrivePro ES, DrivePRO, Blue Box, & AssistPlus.
- Detailed procedure for F and G series programming challenges.
- The shelter in place guidelines has resulted in many vehicles remaining parked for extended periods and/or used for short trips. We will address some of the service considerations wit Tech Tips and prudent recommendations.
- The Diagnostic Feedback program will be outlined and launched.
Honda Seat Weight Calibration
Instructor: Keith DeFazio
Purposes of Seat Weight System
20 Years of System Design
Demystifying Factory Service Information
Real World Tooling and Diagnostic Procedures
April 22, 2020
JLR Security Programming
Instructor: Tom Morgan
- What are the “security modules”?
- NASTF and the importance of licensing
- Getting your LSID or VSP credential
- Equipment: pass-thru device
- JLR Key Programming
- Legacy Vehicles Key Programming
- Late Model Key Programming (KVM: Keyless Vehicle Module type)
- CAN Bus issues for Key Programming
April 15, 2020
DrivePro ES Revealed:
An Extensive Q&A Tackling the Hard Questions
Led by: Kevin FitzPatrick, Mike Szollosi, and Vince Walsh
At Opus IVS, we truly value our customers and understand the importance of transparency, which is why hosting this particular webinar was so important to us. We understand your business is going through a difficult time and we are here to help you through this temporary crisis, so you are prepared to handle the influx of vehicles needing service when it passes.
Opus IVS can help you become the trusted dealer-alternative, with live repair guidance from OE brand-specific master technicians and remote programming services offered through the DrivePro ES.
April 10, 2020
DrivePro ES: More Than A Scan Tool
Instructor: Vince Walsh
- Differences between DrivePRO & DriveProES
- Initial Setup: WiFi, Login, & Updates
- Key Features: Buttonology & User Interface
- Software: Asian, Domestic, & European coverage
- DriveRAP: Built-in remote assisted programming
- IVS 360 Support: Submitting Requests & MobileApp
April 1, 2020