Renault Clio 3 (2004 - 2009) | All variants with K9K engines and JA5 and JR5 manual gearboxes
Modus (2004 - 2009) | All variants with K9K engines and JA5 and JR5 manual gearboxes
1. Vibration, humming sound, or judder through the vehicle when stationary.
Additional Information: Can be felt in neutral at idle speed through pedals dashboard and seat base
1. Upper engine mount failed
1. Check and confirm vibration.
2. Whilst sitting in the vehicle raise the engine RPM from idle and see if the noise stops.
3. Visually check upper engine mount (see picture).
Upper engine mount
4. Using an assistant get them to manipulate the mounting by adding pressure to it using a lever bar in the areas shown.
Areas to check
5. If noise stops or changes pitch remove and check the mounting.
6. If any fault is found, consider replacement of the mounting.
7. Once the new part is fitted confirm noise has been corrected.