Mazda 6 (2007 - 2012) | 2.2 D
CX7 (2006 - 2012) | 2.2 D
Mazda 3 (2008 - 2013) | 2.2 D
- P1336 - Camshaft Crankshaft sensor range performance PCM - Engine Control Module
1. Timing chain stretched or loose
Timing chain set up
1. Connect diagnostic toolRead out DTC for engine. If P1336 is set and the DPF light is flashing while the engine is running, check the timing chain as below.
2. Remove valve coverOnce the valve cover is removed the timing chain, camshaft gears and valve train will be exposed.
Valve cover removed
3. Check timing chain tensionCheck the timing chain for any slack by pushing on the chain on the tension side. No slack should be felt.
Checking timing chain tension
4. If any slack is felt then the timing chain kit will need to be replacedIt is advisable to replace the oil pump chain at the same time.
- Various hand tools
- Diagnostic tester